Definition of undercapitalize in English:
Provide (a company) with insufficient capital to achieve desired results.
- The article paints a picture of an understaffed, underequipped, and undercapitalized agency trying desperately to impose order on a nation the size of California.
- As a very small and undercapitalised new publisher, they operate with minimal resources and with a limited capacity for marketing and promotion.
- And yet, rail is relatively undercapitalized.
- Example sentences
- Indeed, while undercapitalization historically has been cited as the leading reason for business failure, turnaround experts now lay the blame more on poor financial habits than on a simple lack of cash.
- The number one reason small businesses fail is undercapitalization or inadequate cash flow.
- University presses have been slower to adopt technology and systems analysis due to undercapitalization and a more conservative culture.
Definition of undercapitalize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia