Definition of undercling in English:
A handhold that faces down the rock face.
- About 2.5 feet below and 8 inches to the left of the undercling is a good positive tiny foothold which is hard to see if you don't know it's there.
- Another move up, the incut pocket now worked into an undercling, and that's leg-breaking territory.
- Go up past an undercling to finish by a thin crack.
verb[no object] Back to top
Climb using undercling handholds.
- For the last few moves, you walk your feet up the diagonal crack while underclinging at the same time.
- In extreme situations you may even need to use a foot smear to oppose the underclinging hand.
- A bit of ferocious underclinging allowed me to poke my spare hand into the high crack.
Definition of undercling in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia