verb[no object] (also be underdressed)
- Dress too plainly or too informally: without a pinstripe you’d be underdressedMore example sentences
- Plus, keep in mind that, as a general rule, you are always better off being slightly overdressed rather than underdressed, whatever the occasion.
- I had never felt so dressed up and underdressed at the same time.
- In the work environment, it's generally better to be slightly overdressed than underdressed.
More definitions of underdressDefinition of underdress in:
- The British & World English dictionary