Definition of underhanded in English:
Acting or done in a secret or dishonest way: an underhanded method of snatching clients from rivals
More example sentences
- There had to be a hidden secret, underhanded or malign.
- I've had four years of his sneaky, underhanded, dirty ways.
- I use underhanded methods in order to accomplish good things.
deceitful, deceptive, dishonest, dishonorable, disreputable, unethical, unprincipled, immoral, unscrupulous, fraudulent, dubious, unfair, snide;
- Example sentences
- I wasn't actually trying to underhandedly insult him, as he seemed to believe; or rather I suspect he just did it for the attention.
- But as I said earlier, all this is done, perhaps underhandedly, whilst I'm supposed to be busy working.
- All the while doing it so underhandedly that they now believe I am completely innocent.
Words that rhyme with underhandedbackhanded, candid, candied, heavy-handed, high-handed, offhanded, red-handed, short-handed, unbranded
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan