Definition of underhanded in English:
Acting or done in a secret or dishonest way: an underhanded method of snatching clients from rivals
More example sentences
- There had to be a hidden secret, underhanded or malign.
- I've had four years of his sneaky, underhanded, dirty ways.
- I use underhanded methods in order to accomplish good things.
deceitful, deceptive, dishonest, dishonorable, disreputable, unethical, unprincipled, immoral, unscrupulous, fraudulent, dubious, unfair, snide;
- Example sentences
- I wasn't actually trying to underhandedly insult him, as he seemed to believe; or rather I suspect he just did it for the attention.
- But as I said earlier, all this is done, perhaps underhandedly, whilst I'm supposed to be busy working.
- All the while doing it so underhandedly that they now believe I am completely innocent.