1Able to be understood: though his accent was strange, the words were perfectly understandable
1.1To be expected; natural, reasonable, or forgivable: such fears are understandable
More example sentences
- They did not choose to exercise that option, for understandable reasons.
- His reasons for leaving were understandable.
- They hate her for understandable reasons: she has all but destroyed their cause.
- Example sentences
- For me, what is most important is the narration and its understandability.
- I'm on a campaign to ensure that our products have beauty and emotional impact as well as effectiveness and understandability.
- The effect of this consolidation will be to improve understandability, reduce burden, clarify requirements, and improve implementation and compliance.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.