Definition of understandable in English:
1Able to be understood: though his accent was strange, the words were perfectly understandable
1.1To be expected; natural, reasonable, or forgivable: such fears are understandable
More example sentences
- They did not choose to exercise that option, for understandable reasons.
- His reasons for leaving were understandable.
- They hate her for understandable reasons: she has all but destroyed their cause.
- Example sentences
- For me, what is most important is the narration and its understandability.
- I'm on a campaign to ensure that our products have beauty and emotional impact as well as effectiveness and understandability.
- The effect of this consolidation will be to improve understandability, reduce burden, clarify requirements, and improve implementation and compliance.
- [sentence adverb]: understandably, Richard did not believe meMore example sentences
- Pressure to excel in this exam is understandably intense: success is a cause worth celebrating.
- Most guidebook publishers are understandably reluctant to post their valuable content online.
- So I was understandably a little nervous and apprehensive about this meeting.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan