- Presented or expressed in a subtle and effective way: understated eleganceMore example sentences
- The screen is filled with earthy understated hues and subtle pastels.
- Relying on natural light and without gimmicks or props, his work was often understated and subtle but easily accessible.
- The atmosphere throughout is one of understated elegance and the highest standards of comfort and luxury.
- More example sentences
- Somewhere, stylistically, between country rock and folk roots, this Minneapolis-based songwriter has an original, weathered and understatedly expressive voice for a 23-year-old.
- ‘Yes, this is a testing time,’ he understatedly said.
- Now, understatedly, the situation is much different.
More definitions of understatedDefinition of understated in:
- The British & World English dictionary