1Separate (a spacecraft) from another in space: Conrad undocked Gemini and used his thruster to back slowly away [no object]: Atlantis is scheduled to undock from Mir today
More example sentences
- Sharipov undocked the spacecraft manually as a precautionary measure to conserve energy.
- The grid of the Optical Alignment System of the space shuttle Discovery can be seen during separation operations while undocking from the International Space Station.
- Discovery undocked from the International Space Station this morning at 09: 24 CEST.
2Take (a ship) out of or away from a dock.
- The small tug also provides the capability to assist larger tugs in docking and undocking all types of ships and watercraft and can be used in routine harbor utility work.
- She could probably even dock and undock herself automatically, but Captain Dvergastein likes to do that himself.
- He tugged on a jacket and walked himself out to the Winchester Pier, undocking the small rowboat that he used to make the journey to the tower.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of undock in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.