- 1Separate (a spacecraft) from another in space: Conrad undocked Gemini and used his thruster to back slowly away [no object]: Atlantis is scheduled to undock from Mir todayMore example sentences
- Sharipov undocked the spacecraft manually as a precautionary measure to conserve energy.
- The grid of the Optical Alignment System of the space shuttle Discovery can be seen during separation operations while undocking from the International Space Station.
- Discovery undocked from the International Space Station this morning at 09: 24 CEST.
- 2Take (a ship) out of or away from a dock.More example sentences
- The small tug also provides the capability to assist larger tugs in docking and undocking all types of ships and watercraft and can be used in routine harbor utility work.
- She could probably even dock and undock herself automatically, but Captain Dvergastein likes to do that himself.
- He tugged on a jacket and walked himself out to the Winchester Pier, undocking the small rowboat that he used to make the journey to the tower.
More definitions of undockDefinition of undock in:
- The British & World English dictionary