Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of undrawn in English:
1(Of curtains) not drawn across the window; open.
- Upstairs the curtains are undrawn and I watch myself in a mist of cotton nightdress that hides scars, uneven troughs, veins that have discoloured skin with spidery purple tributaries.
- The idea seems all the more plausible given the number of green curtains, drawn and undrawn, elsewhere in Holbein's work, including in the Frick portrait of Thomas More.
- Just within the window with the shades undrawn, sat a friend in lounging ease before an open fire, absorbed in his evening paper.
2(Of money) not drawn from a bank account.
- One of the departments lagging behind was Finance itself, which was responsible for the European Regional Development Funds, which accounted for almost half of undrawn funds.
- Thus, at the beginning of 2004, undrawn bank credit lines to steel enterprises still stood at around 170 billion yuan.
- Expansions would be funded through the company's balance sheet with more than $60 million in cash and undrawn borrowings and a fairly strong cash flow.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.