Definition of undue in English:
Unwarranted or inappropriate because excessive or disproportionate: this figure did not give rise to undue concern
More example sentences
- It was characterised by an excessive and even undue respect for authority and authoritarianism.
- Cllr Joe Dunne said he was concerned at what appears ‘to be an undue delay’ in putting the scheme in place.
- Anyone who continues to look at the new environment from an outdated perspective will become embroiled in excessive and undue worries.
- Example sentences
- I don't want to alarm them unduly, but they do need to be extremely careful.
- It suggests that the existing regime contains aspects which unduly deter investment.
- They should be compensated with money when their interest is unduly interfered with.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan