- An increase in the value of land or property without labor or expenditure on the part of the owner.More example sentences
- But a larger equity problem is that sellers of development rights are being allowed to capture an unearned increment in land value brought on largely by public investment in infrastructure.
- He explained that where compensation of some form was to be provided for the loss of the unearned increment in land values, further economic distortion would result.
- George, like all other economists, used the term unearned increment to apply to increases in value that occurred separately from the things discussed by Harris.
More definitions of unearned incrementDefinition of unearned increment in:
- The British & World English dictionary