Definition of uneconomical in English:
Wasteful of money or other resources; not economical: the old buses eventually become uneconomical to run
More example sentences
- These measures have effectively made investing in residential property in this country uneconomical, and have encouraged investment overseas as a result.
- He was recently asked whether he had ever owned a SUV, the jeep-type vehicle renowned for its uneconomical performance, and he replied that he had not.
- These allow successful prospectors to retain rights to mineral deposits which are uneconomical to exploit immediately.
- Example sentences
- Even the consolidation of the two lines would not necessarily resolve the difficulty, as pricing schemes would either uneconomically favor the terminal or intermediary points or discriminate unfairly among shippers.
- The only option to going under, in some cases, is to operate uneconomically.
- Pushed from this position, the argument then became that they had existed but were uneconomically focused on heavy industry and were merely a source of loss.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan