Definition of unencumbered in English:
1Not having any burden or impediment: he needed to travel light and unencumbered
More example sentences
- Here, too, was a place where I could freely speculate about Mary's album's complex meanings, unencumbered by the burden of historical proof.
- He offered the view, unencumbered by reality check, that prolonged engagement would necessitate the introduction of conscription.
- This allowed wedding parties and other users to experience relatively unencumbered views of the historic chapel.
1.1Free of debt or other financial liability.
- There is an important public interest in discouraging restraint on trade, and maintaining free and open competition unencumbered by the fetters of restrictive covenants.
- For Winer, the trick is to find prime land that's unencumbered by debt, yet managed by people with a vision for it.
- The way to ensure that there aren't hungry people in the world is to give peasants land, unencumbered by debt peonage.
Words that rhyme with unencumberedunnumbered
Definition of unencumbered in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan