- Not out of the ordinary; usual: an unexceptional movieMore example sentences
- It was just a pity the contest left something to be desired; the standard was unexceptional, and, for much of the game, Holland were a big disappointment.
- Musically, everything is absolutely fine, in a middle-of-the-road, unexceptional sort of way.
- Harrison Ford and Christopher Plummer are two exceptional actors, unfortunately thrown into a very unexceptional movie.
- More example sentences
- The menu reads unexceptionally - standard anglicised Chinese fare - but once you accept the lack of authenticity, then the food is actually excellent.
- It unexceptionally demands ID from everyone who wanders up to the bar.
- Four judges of the Federal Court have, in our respectful submission, quite unexceptionally construed this section.