- 1Not described or made clear; unknown: the reason for her summons was as yet unexplainedMore example sentences
- Some things became clear, some became more unexplained.
- The addition of two sailors remains unexplained, that it is not at all clear how exactly they became a part of this expedition.
- But in this novel, more so than his other recent stories, there were some clearly unsettling parts of the story which remained unexplained.
- 1.1Not accounted for or attributable to an identified cause: SIDS is still an unexplained phenomenonMore example sentences
- Whatever the reason, this is an unexplained phenomenon.
- The ad was never put on TV because the unexplained ghostly phenomenon frightened the production team out of their wits.
- Since we already have an embarrassing number of unexplained phenomena, no one seems to have had time for this one yet.
More definitions of unexplainedDefinition of unexplained in:
- The British & World English dictionary