Not having or showing qualities traditionally associated with women.
More example sentences
- When women and girls act in anti-social ways, it tends to be treated as unfeminine, and even as a pathological problem.
- Her character, Havers, is drab and unfeminine, a misfit on the force, but the police she met were quite different.
- Hairy legs on women is considered unfeminine, although it is completely natural.
- More example sentences
- It is a key sign of masculinity for men, but deplored as a sign of unfemininity for women.
- I can no longer be terrorized by society's, my mate's, or my employer's allegations of unfemininity.
- This was probably the only compliment she has heard in a long time since she was so convinced of her unfemininity.
Definition of unfeminine in:
- The British & World English dictionary