Definition of unfree in English:
Deprived or devoid of liberty.
- Another form of unfree labour was deployed in colonised Australia.
- The act instructs American ambassadors and embassy staffs to draw up democracy transition plans for unfree regimes, with input from nonviolent opposition movements in the various countries.
- The triangular slave trade had begun to supply these Atlantic colonies with unfree African labour, for work on tobacco, rice and sugar plantations.
- Example sentences
- The best resistance we can offer to the agents of unfreedom is to go on having free, vibrant, open societies.
- So he knew at firsthand the humiliating unfreedom that comes from poverty.
- Freedom is hard to define, let alone achieve, but those who are unfree know exactly what unfreedom is.
Definition of unfree in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.