adjective (unfriendlier, unfriendliest)
Not friendly: she shot him an unfriendly glance Mildred felt unfriendly toward her environmentally unfriendly activities
More example sentences
- It refers to the unfriendly stare and unkind glances we sometimes get from people around us.
- Any friendly aspect or unfriendly connection between these two is then said to reflect upon the relationship of the lovers.
- Several friendly and unfriendly airforces were abroad, on hire to continental corporations.
hostile, disagreeable, antagonistic, aggressive;
ill-natured, unpleasant, surly, sour, uncongenial;
informal standoffish, starchy
- More example sentences
- Surprised by this attitude of greed and unfriendliness, I will confess that I declined to pay.
- Again, I've found myself in a city where by comparison I start thinking that London's cold, unfriendliness where no-one looks at anyone in the eye is actually rather pleasant.
- It is generally not regarded as being as friendly as Glasgow - and that is probably true - but Edinburgh's problem is probably reserve, rather than real unfriendliness.