Definition of ungrudging in English:
Not grudging: he showed her ungrudging courtesy and kindness
More example sentences
- Yet in the wake of his greatest disappointment, losing the World Cup final at home in 2003, he delivered a speech to the press full of pride for his own team and honest, ungrudging admiration for the victors.
- No one will ever again be as knowledgeable about every bird species across all of Canada, nor offer such ungrudging and unselfish assistance.
- If a man foolishly does me wrong, I will return to him the protection of my ungrudging love; the more evil comes from him, the more good shall go from me.
- Example sentences
- She ungrudgingly accepts her fate without a whisper of frustration.
- We must be prepared to make heroic sacrifices for the cause of peace that we make ungrudgingly for the cause of war.
- Finely carved brass metal items are comparatively costlier, but connoisseurs of art can ungrudgingly pay for it considering the amount of effort that goes into making these artefacts and the cost of the metal.
Definition of ungrudging in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia