1Not guided in a particular path or direction; left to take its own course.
- These Web sites need to support both guided and unguided exploration.
- At the same time it conflicts with theistic beliefs that many parents seek to instill in their children that life results from guided, rather than unguided change.
- He relies upon personal interest to accomplish his ends and gives free scope to the unguided strength and common sense of the people.
1.1(Of a missile) not directed by remote control or internal equipment. Compare with ballistic missile and guided.
- The helicopter can be armed with a mixture of air-to-air and air-to-ground missiles, unguided rockets, and podded guns.
- Bullets and unguided missiles slammed into the adamant wall, rocking it and chipping the façade, yet it held against the onslaught.
- At the present time, there are also maneuvers involving precision weapons (guided and unguided missile systems).
Words that rhyme with unguidedlopsided, misguided, one-sided, undecided, undivided, unprovided
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of unguided in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.