- Any of a number of plants in the lily family, especially those with roots having medicinal uses, in particular devil’s bit and colicroot.More example sentences
- Herbs used to address the specific needs of menopausal women include dong guai, false unicorn root, sage and wild yam.
- All medical texts were in Latin, so that common people couldn't read them, hence they couldn't see how superstitiously they were behaving… the Royal College of Physicians presented Charles II on his accession with powdered unicorn root!
- The Native Americans used false unicorn root for disorders of the female reproductive organs.
More definitions of unicorn rootDefinition of unicorn root in:
- The British & World English dictionary