Definition of unicycle in English:
A cycle with a single wheel, typically used by acrobats.
- After a year attending classes at the Montreal circus school, Corinne was doing wheelies on a unicycle and holding handstands.
- It's not a regular unicycle - it has the wheel of a mountain bike.
- Acrobatics has maintained its status as a spectacular bodily art; complex gymnastic feats are now often performed with apparatus such as balls, unicycles, trampolines, tightropes, and trapezes.
- Example sentences
- The reporter had been ‘on the road’ for a dozen years, filing stories on ‘those gentler subjects’ (rural eccentrics, unicyclists, small-town sages, long-time friends, a high-school team with a record number of consecutive losses).
- The earliest mention of the sport he has been able to uncover dates back to 1925, when a silent German movie called ‘Variete’ shows ‘a short scene with two unicyclists performing on a stage.’
- This inclusive, holistic event welcomes diverse pedal-pushing practitioners such as uninhibited unicyclists, temperate tandem riders, and tawdry tricyclists who wish to share the open-road experience with like-minded folks.
Definition of unicycle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia