Definition of unidirectional in English:
Moving or operating in a single direction.
- The work of Gough has shown that a metal deforms under cyclic strain by slip on the same atomic planes and in the same crystallographic directions as in unidirectional strain.
- They are found in regions of limited sand supply and unidirectional winds, resulting in relatively small and highly mobile stores of sand migrating in a downwind direction.
- Their study revealed that more than 90 percent of the sample Web pages form a single connected part if links are treated as a unidirectional link.
- Example sentences
- Historically, there has been unidirectionality to the process of choosing the research topic and designing the research protocol.
- Although short gene conversion tracts may contribute to this tight crossover localization, it also remains possible that it reflects an underlying unidirectionality in hDNA formation.
- The bond selectivity and unidirectionality of the isomerization in bR are in striking contrast with those of the isolated chromophore (in vacuo).
- Example sentences
- In an example recording, a single RecBCD molecule spent long intervals moving unidirectionally at nearly constant speed.
- We thus modeled colonization for a one-dimensional stepping-stone metapopulation (in which seeds and pollen migrate unidirectionally to the neighboring populations; see Fig 1A).
- The primary question is thus: Can behavioral shaping occur unidirectionally, so that when participating in a buddy system, aggressive children reduce their aggressive behavior while nonaggressive children do not increase theirs?
Definition of unidirectional in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan