- 1Developing or arranged serially and predictably, without deviation: there is a unilinear path of language learning with a finite endMore example sentences
- I shall critically evaluate the orthodox and revisionist analyses in terms of the ten dimensions on which I compared them, suggesting a more complex picture than the unilinear development of policing implied by both approaches.
- We also must wonder that if unilinear progress in the mode of production can instead have phases of retrogression is there a possibility of World War III?
- Gill suggests that ‘globalization is dialectical, not unilinear, promoting opposing tendencies: integration and fragmentation, universalism and particularism, homogenisation and differentiation’.
- More example sentences
- The study by Seielstad, Minch, and Cavalli-Sforza may be regarded as the pioneer study on the relations between genetic variation of unilinearly transmitted polymorphisms and sociocultural factors.
- At any rate, of course, my thinking is skewed to perceive things unilinearly as long as I continue to subject myself to the doctrine of schools…
- The scientific ideal is essential from my standpoint, but philosophy does not progress unilinearly; we keep returning to founding texts over and over.