Definition of unincorporated in English:
1(Of a company or other organization) not formed into a legal corporation: an unincorporated business
More example sentences
- It was particularly disappointing that Mr Brown did not choose to help unincorporated businesses by extending the tax breaks that companies enjoy.
- But Downie nevertheless bemoans the lack of a ‘comprehensive big idea for small business growth’ and stressed that more effort is needed to develop policies which do not exclude unincorporated businesses.
- The exclusion of unincorporated businesses from R&D support will have a damaging impact on the Scottish economy.
2Not included as part of a whole.
2.1North American (Of territory) not designated as belonging to a particular country, town, or area.
- There are 9,000 km of roads on unincorporated land in the Territory - 40 per cent of our local road network.
- Unlike several other states, Pennsylvania has no provisions for unincorporated territory.
- The area behind my building faces an industrial and unincorporated area of the town, and homeless folks have begun to move in across the way.
Definition of unincorporated in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.