Definition of unincorporated in English:
1(Of a company or other organization) not formed into a legal corporation: an unincorporated business
More example sentences
- It was particularly disappointing that Mr Brown did not choose to help unincorporated businesses by extending the tax breaks that companies enjoy.
- But Downie nevertheless bemoans the lack of a ‘comprehensive big idea for small business growth’ and stressed that more effort is needed to develop policies which do not exclude unincorporated businesses.
- The exclusion of unincorporated businesses from R&D support will have a damaging impact on the Scottish economy.
2.1North American (Of territory) not designated as belonging to a particular country, town, or area.
- There are 9,000 km of roads on unincorporated land in the Territory - 40 per cent of our local road network.
- Unlike several other states, Pennsylvania has no provisions for unincorporated territory.
- The area behind my building faces an industrial and unincorporated area of the town, and homeless folks have begun to move in across the way.
Words that rhyme with unincorporatedunseparated
Definition of unincorporated in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.