Definition of uninfected in English:
1Not harboring a pathogen.
- Although extrapulmonary disease is more common in HIV seropositive patients than in uninfected controls, the responses to treatment appear similar in the developed world if patients are compliant.
- Firstly, the study recruited women as the infected partners in 67% of couples, so most of the uninfected, seronegative partners were men.
- Try to avoid surgical treatment during pregnancy for uninfected cysts.
1.1 Computing Not affected with a virus.
- An uninfected computer receives an email from a computer which is already infected by one of the Bofra worms.
- A virus can only spread from one computer to another when its host is taken to the uninfected computer.
- You can restore an uninfected PowerPoint out of an infected operating system image, for example.
Definition of uninfected in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan