Definition of uninhibited in English:
Expressing one’s feelings or thoughts unselfconsciously and without restraint: fits of uninhibited laughter
More example sentences
- Certainly her public persona is extroverted; she's uninhibited and quick to inject her opinions about literature, food, movies, whatever.
- She's slovenly and uninhibited; he's anal and reserved.
- Miss Fritton is headmistress of St Trinian's, where her unorthodox doctrine and free expression has brought her a collection of very uninhibited pupils.
unrestricted, unmufflered, uncontrolled, unchecked, intemperate, wanton, loose
unreserved, unrepressed, liberated, unselfconscious, free and easy, free-spirited, relaxed, informal, open, outgoing, extrovert, outspoken, candid, frank, forthright
informal upfront, jiggy
- Example sentences
- It will uninhibitedly resort to violence and other means, mostly illicit, not to let go of its hold on power.
- Unscrupulous farmers, wholesalers and retail businessmen had for years been uninhibitedly using these toxic substances, to ripen the fruits as per their convenience and to prevent the attack of pests.
- They are totally, uninhibitedly enamored of one another.
- Example sentences
- Here are some healthy (yet unused) brain cells in payment for that uninhibitedness you promised me, Mr. Guinness.
- But his uninhibitedness also takes the form of sheer stylistic bravura, the dazzling facility, note-spinning mastery and heedless creative enthusiasm of the Russian.
- Thus, this variable reflects an individual's interest in and willingness to participate in a variety of sexual activities; perhaps an increased sexual uninhibitedness.
Words that rhyme with uninhibiteduninhabited
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan