- 1(Of a person) attending somewhere or doing something without having been asked: their privacy was disrupted by a series of uninvited guestsMore example sentences
- An unexpected and uninvited guest arrives at her door bringing with him dark secrets from the past.
- The only course open to us is to organise orientation courses vigorously, so that people can guard themselves against this uninvited guest.
- I had wanted to show him how my people cared even for an uninvited guest.
- 1.1(Of a thought or act) involuntary, unwelcome, or unwarranted: strange uninvited thoughts crossed her mindMore example sentences
- The problem arises, when there is interference of family members and uninvited opinion as to how one should live or react in situations.
- When those dark and provocative thoughts enter your mind uninvited, don't concentrate and obsess over them.
- It acts as a sort of safeguard against ogling and uninvited attention.
- More example sentences
- Weed is a more general word, and normally refers to those annoying plants that grow uninvitedly in the garden.
- They had come ‘spontaneously and uninvitedly from the Government of India itself’.
- You want to avoid the questions, the long stares or the patronizing comments people uninvitedly seemed to offer.