Definition of uninviting in English:
(Especially of a place or prospect) not attractive: the house was dark and uninviting
More example sentences
- The theatre, although Grand in name, lacks many of the facilities modern-day audiences have come to expect and staff are the first to admit a visit can be an uninviting prospect.
- Failure in this regard may mean that Bulgaria's delegation may find Prague in November to be a cold and uninviting place.
- We should remember why the whole sculpture in the forest thing started - through the recognition of a vast and unexplored opportunity to enhance the pleasure of a visit to what many saw previously as an uninviting plantation.
- uninvitingly adverb
- Example sentences
- Ropes to climb the wall with dangled down uninvitingly.
- The astronomy room was just as Tim had pictured it: uninvitingly dark, lit by glowing models, charts and diagrams.
- After uninvitingly involving himself in our conversation, he stirred it to a different path where I had not ground.
Words that rhyme with uninvitingbacklighting, lighting, self-righting, sighting, unexciting, whiting, writing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.