- A place of work where employers may hire nonunion workers who must join a labor union within an agreed time. Compare with closed shop, open shop.More example sentences
- In the last decade alone, more than 40 design and craftsmanship awards have honored the work produced by the union shop's 160 employees.
- And it costs about $6 an hour more for every one of your employees if you decide to become a union shop.
- Marina Gutierrez is one of very few women in Central America who has organized a sweatshop into a union shop, and not just once, but three times.
More definitions of union shopDefinition of union shop in:
- The British & World English dictionary