Definition of unionize in English:
Become or cause to become members of a labor union.
- In other business, the delegate assembly voted to encourage MLA members to unionize when possible and to support the unionizing efforts of other campus workers.
- So why is the Mission opposing their workers’ attempts to unionize?
- With the Supreme Court's 2002 Hoffman decision, undocumented immigrant laborers have no legal standing to sue for back pay when fired for attempting to unionize.
- Example sentences
- In Section III, we examine the unionization, production control, and democracy struggles that were triggered by the crisis.
- To measure unionization, respondents were asked if they were personally a member of a union or if there were any unionized employees within their workplace.
- Second, trade, investment and tax policy must be changed to limit corporate mobility, and to block employers from shifting operations to avoid unionization.
Pronunciation: /ˌyo͞onyəniˈzāSHən, -ˌnīˈzā-/noun
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India