Definition of unionize in English:
Become or cause to become members of a labor union.
- In other business, the delegate assembly voted to encourage MLA members to unionize when possible and to support the unionizing efforts of other campus workers.
- So why is the Mission opposing their workers’ attempts to unionize?
- With the Supreme Court's 2002 Hoffman decision, undocumented immigrant laborers have no legal standing to sue for back pay when fired for attempting to unionize.
- Example sentences
- In Section III, we examine the unionization, production control, and democracy struggles that were triggered by the crisis.
- To measure unionization, respondents were asked if they were personally a member of a union or if there were any unionized employees within their workplace.
- Second, trade, investment and tax policy must be changed to limit corporate mobility, and to block employers from shifting operations to avoid unionization.
Pronunciation: /ˌyo͞onyənəˈzāSH(ə)n/ /ˌyo͞onyəˌnīˈzāSH(ə)n/noun
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.