Not based on or behaving according to what is morally right and fair: resistance to unjust laws
More example sentences
- We shouldn't break the law, except if you think that the law is unjust and wrong.
- Even liberals have argued for decades that it can be morally acceptable to break an unjust law.
- We support this bill as amending one wrong and unjust law on a spectrum of wrong and unjust laws.
- Example sentences
- The public and principle breaking of the law by otherwise law-abiding persons is meant to call attention to the unjustness of that law.
- Disagree with the unjustness of the issue, then stand behind your resolutions with firm vigour and be prepared to bear the consequences without so much as raising a thought of hate towards the person you contradict.
- It is all being inspired by a political leader who dramatises his belief in the unjustness of his prosecution by staying in a prison cell, ecumenically reading holy books and praying with pastors.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.