Inconsiderate and harsh to others: you were terribly unkind to her he was the butt of some unkind jokes it was unkind of her to criticize
More example sentences
- Television is brutal and unkind to yesterday's rock stars.
- You call me in to see, and I explain that it would be unkind to leave it there: it might crawl to the floor; we must take care that no one squashes it.
- Farmers are always getting the blame for being unkind to the Environment, where in the majority of cases, the farmers are blameless.
uncharitable, unpleasant, disagreeable, nasty, mean, mean-spirited, cruel, vindictive, vicious, spiteful, malicious, callous, unsympathetic, unfeeling, uncaring, unsparing, hurtful, ill-natured, hard-hearted, cold-hearted;
- Example sentences
- Even possible allies may view the hostile takeover unkindly.
- She bore him three children - then found him gradually moving emotionally away from her, not unkindly, but with a cruel determination.
- Thank you for staying my hand when I was tempted to pen a nasty review of someone who'd written unkindly about my books.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.