- Inconsiderate and harsh to others: you were terribly unkind to her he was the butt of some unkind jokes it was unkind of her to criticizeMore example sentences
uncharitable, unpleasant, disagreeable, nasty, mean, mean-spirited, cruel, vindictive, vicious, spiteful, malicious, callous, unsympathetic, unfeeling, uncaring, unsparing, hurtful, ill-natured, hard-hearted, cold-hearted; unfriendly, uncivil, inconsiderate, insensitive, hostile
- Television is brutal and unkind to yesterday's rock stars.
- You call me in to see, and I explain that it would be unkind to leave it there: it might crawl to the floor; we must take care that no one squashes it.
- Farmers are always getting the blame for being unkind to the Environment, where in the majority of cases, the farmers are blameless.
- More example sentences
- Even possible allies may view the hostile takeover unkindly.
- She bore him three children - then found him gradually moving emotionally away from her, not unkindly, but with a cruel determination.
- Thank you for staying my hand when I was tempted to pen a nasty review of someone who'd written unkindly about my books.