Not able to be known: the total cost is unknowable
More example sentences
- Lions remain stubborn and untameable symbols of a wilderness as rightly unknowable as they themselves are.
- All new technologies generate fears of unknown and perhaps unknowable potential harm, but reassurance is demanded nonetheless.
- Social insurance, however, does not depend on the future being unknowable.
- More example sentences
- The hypnotic miasma of names, institutions, corporations and locations that envelop each drawing demonstrates nothing if not the inherent - the intentional - unknowability of each of these networks.
- While it dutifully revisits all the dark corners of this emotive subject, by its conclusion, it feels as if he has illuminated nothing except the confusion and unknowability of the problem.
- Perhaps we can pass up the pat solution, the easy nostrum, and immerse ourselves, with gratitude, in the complexity, the unknowability, the sheer imperfectibility of our lives.
Definition of unknowable in:
- The British & World English dictionary