Not knowing or aware: the lions moved stealthily toward their unknowing victims
More example sentences
- A problem that any composition teacher will be aware of is unknowing imitation.
- The goal is to cause the unknowing victim to lose his teeth as if the result of natural causes.
- Some of the most successful moments of the project therefore were the spontaneous reactions and participation from the unknowing public, and the happenings that characterise this particular city block.
Lack of awareness or knowledge.
- Situatedness promises knowledge but in practice leaves us in a cloud of unknowing about our place in the world.
- I don't know what we're going to do or when we're going to do it, but at least I'm not lost in what the Trunk called the ‘great cloud of unknowing.’
- As was the case with Socrates, philosophy has sought to peel itself away from sophism by admitting to its ignorance, as if unknowing were a pathos to be confessed.
- Example sentences
- In a similar vein of unknowingness, we also admit we're not sure what it is about either.
- Tragic, because unknowingness is the human condition, and, in the end, there's no getting around it.
- That territory, like Beckett's (u-topic) no-spaces, is a beyond-ness or in-between-ness, a de-territorializing move from the known to a condition of unknowingness.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of unknowing in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.