verb (past and past participle unlaid)[with object] Nautical
- Untwist (a rope) into separate strands.More example sentences
- A knife is helpful here to get things started, but they unlay easily once you've gotten it going.
- Hercules ropes are pre-formed, to minimize unlaying and its resultant cost during further fabrication
- This will cause the rope to unlay and to some degree distortion of the rope will occur.
More definitions of unlayDefinition of unlay in:
- The British & World English dictionary