- 1(Especially of gasoline) without added tetraethyl lead.More example sentences
- Spanish fuel stations supply most internationally known brands of unleaded petrol (gasolina sin plomo) and diesel (gas oil).
- Tax on unleaded petrol was due to rise 1.4p per litre last month but this was held back because of a global rise in petrol prices.
- Service stations now have to display the price of three products which must include the price of unleaded petrol.
- 2Not covered, weighted, or framed with lead.More example sentences
- Do you select scented or unscented candles, beeswax, soybean or paraffin, leaded or unleaded wicks?
- Derivatives of the Colchester brooch were now being made of leaded bronze, presumably a cheaper metal, but not malleable so that the pin-spring had to be made separately of an unleaded alloy.
- 3 Printing (Of type) with no space or leads added between lines.More example sentences
- A font is 12 points high if the distance between the baselines of two adjacent lines of (unleaded) text is 12 points.
- Traditionally a 12 point font is one where the metal slugs are 12 points tall -- or where the baseline to baseline spacing of unleaded text is 12 points, so an em was the size of the metal.
nounBack to top
- Gasoline without added lead.More example sentences
- The cheapest was Tesco, at Middlebrook, selling unleaded at 82.9p and diesel at 86.9p.
- They say that the motorist is getting a premium unleaded petrol well below the cost of normal unleaded.
- I was just, you know, filling up with four star, I mean unleaded, you know, petrol.
More definitions of unleadedDefinition of unleaded in:
- The British & World English dictionary