Definition of unlisted in English:
1Not included on a list.
- And she just moved all my eBay stock onto the floor, mixing in stuff listed with unlisted stuff.
- The hidden song archive lists all those unlisted songs that you find at the end of albums.
- Some of the listed professors were proud to have made the list and many unlisted professors named themselves in the hopes of being added to it.
1.1chiefly North American (Of a person or telephone number) not listed in a telephone directory or available through directory assistance, at the wish of the subscriber: the nuisance calls stopped after he obtained an unlisted number
More example sentences
- The company's San Diego system inadvertently gave Pacific Bell's directory unit 11,400 unlisted phone numbers that PacBell put into its white pages.
- Cox goofed when it mistakenly transmitted some 11,000 unlisted numbers to PacBell for inclusion in the state's most-used printed directory.
- An increasing amount of telephone numbers are unlisted, and television viewership and Internet usage are at all-time highs.
1.2Denoting or relating to a company whose shares are not listed on a stock exchange.
- Indeed, according to the British Venture Capital Association, shares in unlisted companies have outperformed those of the listed market over the past three, five and 10 years.
- Shares of unlisted companies in the grey market haven't traded since Friday, potentially hurting liquidity and the interests of as many as 500,000 investors, industry analysts said yesterday.
- There would be the problem of an unlisted company that was applying for a listing on a stock exchange.
Definition of unlisted in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan