Definition of unmapped in English:
1(Of an area or feature) not represented on a geographical map.
- The Pioneers set out to explore the unmapped area, ‘drawing ‘the outlines of walls and other objects through their laser rangefinders.’
- Interest in the colonies was also sustained by a new generation of restless, independent-minded explorers who set off to chart the unmapped areas beyond the frontiers of the French Empire.
- Now ratified by most of the nations of the world, it is the basic international law on the mapped and unmapped areas beyond our planet.
1.1Unexplored: unmapped corners of Africa
More example sentences
- Andrews operated in a crease period, after the European colonialists had cracked open unmapped areas but before the adoption of Western ways allowed the locals to exploit their own territory.
- There's also a playfulness that takes it out of the city into more unmapped terrain.
- And from them I learned that if in a month nothing had changed, the mayor would be chased down the river and into the unmapped country beyond.
1.2 Biology (Of a gene or chromosome) not yet mapped.
- Unlinked or unmapped genes are indicated off of the chromosomes and with dashed borders.
- Although these two genes are good candidates for the Y gene, other unmapped alleles or linked regulatory elements may also be Y.
- The fourth copy, containing the Topi insertion, was located in an unmapped area of the genome.
Words that rhyme with unmappedadapt, apt, enrapt, rapt, untapped
Definition of unmapped in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.