- 1Not marked: an unmarked police car his skin was unmarkedMore example sentences
- There was a big forensic mobile lab, there were about a dozen marked and unmarked police cars from the Sheriff's Department.
- Sinn Fein is understood to have given assurances of fresh co-operation to identify their unmarked graves, allowing their families to lay them to rest.
- Help is still needed to identify unmarked graves in Bonniconlon new cemetery.
- 1.1 Linguistics (Of a word or other linguistic unit) having a more general meaning or use than a corresponding marked term: “duck” is unmarked, whereas “drake” is markedMore example sentences
- The mark is not necessarily visible or audible: in the pair horse/mare, horse is the more general, unmarked term, while mare is marked for femaleness.
- And as Geoff observed, about a fifth of the clauses have the unmarked English order.
- Additive particles, however, occur in a second, equally unmarked pattern: the RC preceding the main stressed particle.
- 2Not noticed: it’s a pleasure to reward them for work which might otherwise go unmarkedMore example sentences
- None of them had noticed him; his launch had gone unmarked.
- If Chaucer's death went unmarked in the public world, his loss was deeply felt by the poets who followed after him.
- Well, the first anniversary of this website went unmarked on November 12th.
More definitions of unmarkedDefinition of unmarked in:
- The British & World English dictionary