Entry from British & World English dictionary
Not orderly and systematic: his inability to locate the source of the trouble resulted in unmethodical chaos
More example sentences
- His clocks were besides ill-regulated, and his system of registration unmethodical.
- Tucker's writings are diffuse and unmethodical, but marked by humour and quaint illustration and comment.
- According to Dr Gerard McMahon, lecturer in HR management at the Dublin Institute of Technology, the use of unmethodical, biased and inefficient recruitment practices in Ireland are costing employers dearly.
- Example sentences
- This should not be read as an invitation to work unmethodically, or in a disorderly fashion, or not to let an a priori method curtail the inquiring spirit.
- Scharping complained that for years under the Kohl government, the German army had been restructured ‘unmethodically and without aim’ and could now only fulfil its NATO functions with difficulty.
- Currently, the laws are passed unmethodically by Congress and applied unevenly by the president.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: un|meth¦od¦ical
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.