Not able to be mistaken for anything else; very distinctive: the unmistakable sound of his laughter
More example sentences
- Such an intention must be clearly manifested by unmistakable and unambiguous language.
- In fact, being typically British, when I hear those unmistakeable sounds, I invariably find myself feeling incredibly embarrassed even about being in the privacy of my own flat.
- It was the unmistakeable sound of Muzak drifting around the terminus.
- Example sentences
- But his pipes do attain clear unmistakability, which is no mean feat considering the ridiculous glut of young garage-dwellers out there.
- The letters were chosen for the ease and unmistakability of three dots, three dashes, and three dots and not for the actual letters of ‘SOS.’
- The hallmark of this marque is unmistakeability; in some cases you might, at first glance, confuse one make of luxury boat for another, but you wont mistake a Pershing and these two are true to that.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.