(Of a waterway or sea) not able to be sailed on by ships or boats.
- ‘But if the Intracoastal Waterway becomes unnavigable, suddenly you're going to have half the recreational boaters that use it, say 8,000 boats, forced out into the ocean,’ said Smith who is also AIWA chairman.
- Public policy is becoming increasingly reliant on scientific findings, but the differences in the way policy makers and scientists think, communicate, and approach a problem can often create an unnavigable gulf.
- Strange looking ships set sail from ports to vanish over the horizon, unfettered by the lethal and unnavigable reefs that so restrained the Hub ports.
- Example sentences
- It's only by virtue of the fact that there's not a whole lot of traffic that the complete unnavigability of the forums does not become an issue.
- The reason being, in West Malaysia, priority was given to the development of roads and railways due to unnavigability of most rivers there.
- It was discontinued in 1909 due to the unnavigability of the South Channel.
Definition of unnavigable in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.