Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of unneighbourly in English:
- I should add that this is not one of those cases familiar to the courts where neighbours behave in an unneighbourly and aggressive way towards each other.
- Can anyone put a good case for allowing unneighbourly neighbours to bomb tiles off a little old lady's roof whenever they feel like it?
- Officers have recommended the scheme should be refused on the grounds it would be unneighbourly and an eyesore.
- Example sentences
- Another man throws his garbage into the next-door lady's garden, and with a straight face complains about her unneighbourliness when she throws it back.
- People living in metropolitan cities bemoan the unneighbourliness of the neighbours.
- The unneighbourliness of resident Londoners is a growing problem for the hospitable city.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.