Definition of unofficial in English:
Not officially authorized or confirmed: unofficial reports that dozens of people were injured
More example sentences
- So count us in for next year's challenge and let's see if we can make our, slightly unofficial, record official.
- I'm sure she's flouting loads of official and unofficial tube etiquette in one fell swoop here.
- Yet there is the possibility of an engagement, whether official or unofficial for John Brown.
- Example sentences
- When we visited, the centre was looking after two baby barn owls, unofficially called Itchy and Stratchy after the cartoon cat and mouse from The Simpsons.
- The southern end was unofficially opened in October 1912.
- Estonia and Lithuania have already tied their currencies unofficially to the euro and I would not be surprised to see Denmark or Sweden go over to the other side.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan