Definition of unpeg in English:
verb (unpegs, unpegging, unpegged)[with object]
1Unfasten by the removal of pegs.
- I'd unpeg some jeans, a couple of socks, pluck off some undies, then shuffle back inside.
- You speedily unpeg three pairs of boxers on one go and lift them off the line.
- Unpeg the arms from the "cockpit" area, fold the wings on top of the jet, fold down the jet nose (it's spring loaded) under the "cockpit" and unpeg the legs (they're pegged just like on the voyager version).
1.1Cease to maintain a fixed relationship between (a currency) and another currency.
- The dollar is therefore likely to decline in relation to the euro, sterling and other unpegged currencies, no matter who occupies the White House.
- Chen also criticized the US for asking China to unpeg its currency from the greenback.
- China today unpegged its currency from the yuan - from the dollar.
Definition of unpeg in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan