Definition of unphilosophical in English:
Not following philosophical principles or method.
- Scholarship has tended strongly, in effect, to dichotomize Levinas' work as A and not-A, philosophical and unphilosophical texts, and to concentrate almost uniquely on the former.
- These considerations raise a philosophical question even about ordinary unphilosophical translation, such as from English into Arunta or Chinese.
- Harnessed to German nationalism and the rise of Hitler, he felt that authenticity for the German people was to be seen in National Socialism, and let his philosophy endorse the most brutishly unphilosophical of regimes.
- ( archaic)Example sentences
- The state of my own unphilosophic mind is peculiar, like the circumstances in which it finds itself.
- For an unphilosophic mankind will appreciate its philosophers if they are endowed with some dignity.
- In the Preface, Schwab charges the Kantian philosophy with an unphilosophic, revolutionary tendency.
- Example sentences
- Now, concerning the original version of the paradox, we must be on guard against those unphilosophically minded individuals who may be inclined to dismiss it in the style of Samuel Johnson.
- § 7.The expression ‘law of nature’ is sometimes, though unphilosophically, used to express those deductions which may be drawn from a careful examination of the operations of the natural world.
- In 1953, Friedman published a long essay titled ‘The Methodology of Positive Economics’, given canonical status by an unphilosophically minded profession.
Definition of unphilosophical in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.