Definition of unpick in English:
1Undo the sewing of (stitches or a garment): I unpicked the seams of his trousers
More example sentences
- Of course, you need to know beforehand that it fits, because you don't want to have to unpick all this stitching to alter it later.
- He smiled as he recalled Chris's first words on returning from his interrupted visit to his family - ‘I'm gone for one day, and the threads of the universe start unpicking behind me.’
- Now, having unpicked and screwed up several times (I'm on the second hand now), I am beginning to realise why I don't knit more often.
1.1Carefully analyze the different elements of, especially in order to find faults.
- Carefully unpicking the myth that has grown up around these games, Dougan illuminates an horrific period in Ukrainian history without succumbing to sensation.
- A detailed analysis of The Prince would be needed in order to unpick the ambivalent feelings Machiavelli had towards Cesare.
- We cannot expect a child to analyse branding promotions or to unpick nutritional messages from advertising.
Definition of unpick in:
- British & World English dictionary