- 1Not having or assigned to a specific place.More example sentences
- Their applications for jobs that are currently unfilled will be removed so as to not match them twice and hence put other unplaced students at a disadvantage.
- 1.1chiefly Horse Racing Not one of the first three to finish in a race or competition.More example sentences
- The four-year-old daughter of Devil's Bag finished unplaced in a turf allowance/optional claiming race on July 21 at Belmont Park in her lone start this year.
- He came back to win his next race by five lengths at Belmont Park before finishing unplaced in the Riva Ridge Breeders' Cup and Dwyer Stakes, both won by Gygistar.
- The six-year-old, a winner in the summer, returned to the fray at Wetherby recently and ran as though in need of the race when finishing unplaced to Brandy Wine.
More definitions of unplacedDefinition of unplaced in:
- The British & World English dictionary