1Not able to be played or played on: hit a high-bouncing, unplayable chop over second an unplayable golf course
More example sentences
- Nasser Hussain could only edge an unplayable McGrath delivery to Ricky Ponting at second slip, who took a sensational sprawling catch.
- The frame rate in general is pretty solid most of the time, although there are instances, such as when boulders roll in front of you, that the game is darn near unplayable for a few seconds or so.
- While South Africa did bowl extremely well, the manner in which Pakistan capitulated had more to do with indifferent strokes than unplayable deliveries.
1.1(Of music) too difficult or bad to perform.
- Twelve violins, donated by a local music shop, were decorated (most to unplayable extremes… alas) by artists.
- If the action is badly designed, then the instrument can be difficult to play or may even be unplayable.
- Cellists of an earlier generation (if they were at all familiar with Bach's suites) considered these works to be unplayable and musically dull and academic.
- Example sentences
- Oh yeah… and he dies - but not soon enough (whenever we played D&D and rolled characters that were ‘unplayably weak,’ we ditched 'em and made new ones).
- This year's winner, Wyant, actually trailed two games to NONE, as noted, having served for the game at 9-8 and been caught at 9 when a Chin lob serve bounced literally at the back wall nick and hopped up unplayably glued to the back wall.
- In fact, I've previously found CMR2 very jerky under Win2k, unplayably so on my KT133-based board - that problem was not present on the nForce board at all.
Definition of unplayable in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.