Definition of unplugged in English:
1 trademark (Of pop or rock music) performed or recorded with acoustic rather than electrically amplified instruments.
- All the bands bring forth a unique combination of intelligent music fused with the unplugged sound of the acoustic guitar as well as the often edgy riffs that are the underground rock band's signature sound.
- Featuring loads of bands playing unplugged acoustic instruments.
- Ono undoubtedly wanted to reveal the beneficial aspects of unplugged performance that Lennon would have most likely thrived within.
2.1Without any electronic devices: he wondered what it would be like to live a more unplugged life the kids freaked when I told them we were going unplugged for the next month
More example sentences
- As TV zoomed into the electronic age, he stayed unplugged, logging 50,000 miles a year in his mobile home-office.
- It's an amazingly odd feeling to go "unplugged" after years of having a computer attached to my hip.
- Every moment a reader spends unplugged from the wired world and immersed in internal dialog with an author is experienced as commercial drain.
Definition of unplugged in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.